Saturday, July 9, 2011

Evangelism explosion- in Spanish

Today I did something a little different. I went with Jorge and some others from his church to an event on lessons on evangelism. The speaker was the vice president of Evangelism Explosion for Latin America. I vaguely remembered the group from my dad's class on evangelism ( it was my freshman year...so it's been a little while :) Also, the speaker was puertorican, so he talked faster and had a different accent. My brain definitely hurt at the end of it all. However, it was good to listen to him, to strategies of evangelism, and of the stories he had from past experiences. As I listened, it all made me miss my dad. Evangelism is so close to his heart. I think one of the biggest things that my dad has said in reference to evangelism that has stuck with me is this- a life persistent in evangelism can only stem from a heart that is deep in love with God. I pray I can be more like my dad, who has the biggest heart for the lost I know.

Tonight I helped babysit! Actually, I did have fun. Jorge and Cris have a small group they try to meet with every week, but between the 4 couples, there are six kids! All of them are under the age of three too. I took the oldest three upstairs to play for a while. Bubbles were my savior-kept them entertained :) I can't ever repay Jorge and Cris for all they have done for me, but I was thankful to help out a little tonight.

Tomorrow I fly to Cuenca. I am looking forward to seeing my friends/family there. I have one week there...I would really ask that you pray for this week. I don't know how God wants to use it exactly, but I hope and pray there are opportunities to talk and encourage friends. I don't get to see them very often, but there are dear brothers and sisters in Christ. Prayers for my Spanish are always appreciated too :) Gracias Amigos

No comments:

Post a Comment