Friday, June 17, 2011

Learning Poco a Poco

Well today was full activity; I will do my best to explain, but I must admit my brain is fried. I think having to think and talk in a different language all day wears me out. After breakfast, I went with Jorge to his son Isaac's school. A better name for it is a day care, but it's the most beautiful day care I have ever seen! In a couple of weeks I will spend some time there. I think they want me to try and teach a little too, which I am a little nervous about, but I know I need to do it. Jorge told me the more I put into it, I may make a lot of mistakes, but it's the best way to learn. After looking at the day care, we went to activate the cell phone they are letting me use (they go above and beyond!). I must tell you that to activate a cell phone is more complicated here than anywhere in the states. We had to pull tickets and wait to talk to certain people (like when you are getting your license).I was also informed of a law called pico y paco. In short, depending on the last number of your license plate, a person can't travel in Quito at certain hours to help with traffic. Every day has two numbers, and if a person breaks the law, they get fined and the car is taken a way for at least a day. Interesting huh? After finishing up at Movistar (the phone company), we went to a different school where one of Cris's friends is the principle. I am also going to spend some time there...doing what I am not exactly sure, but I'll ket you know when I do :) In the afternoon I went with Cris and her mom and the two boys to do errands all afternoon. I really enjoyed getting to know and talk with them. Then as soon as I got home, I had to leave again to meet my friend Andres. I went with him to his church to help serve at a Father's Day meal. That was fun, although I think I was a little more quiet because I didn't know anyone or exactly what I was suppose to be doing, but it was still a good time to serve, meet some new friends and catch up with Andy. For now, I am pretty tired. Thanks again for all your prayers. If you think of it, please ask the Lord to bless Jorge and Cris for all they are doing for me. They are such an encouragement, and they have given their time and money for me to be. Hasta pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment