Sunday, March 14, 2010

Domingo

It's Spanish for Sunday, but I put that there for another reason. This morning I went out to do street evangelism like last Sunday, and God opened the door for me to talk to this elderly man named Domingo. He is from Argentina but was visiting family. I asked him if he thought he was going to heaven, but he told me that he was much to big of a sinner. I tried to explain to him that we are all sinners...but I don't think he believed me. But he did promise to read the tract I gave him, and that had Romans3:23 in it. We made small talk, and he was very kind and very South American. He told me twice that I HAD TO TELL my future husband that he Domingo said that he is very blessed to have me as a companion to walk through life with... he is definitely from South America (they tend to say things like that). It made me laugh, but please pray for Domingo; it was heart breaking to hear him say he's too much of a sinner. I was also able to talk to high school girl for a while, which was a blessing. I can never say quite what I want to in Spanish when I am witnessing, but thankfully I'm not the one who has to save people.
And then for lunch Merry and I went to a missionary couple's house (where I made a piece of enchilada go flying of my plate!!). It was nice to meet another family, and then later in the afternoon I went on a walk in Camarma with the other student teacher here. I love walking here.
Tomorrow is my first day of teaching, so I would really appreciate your prayers. I am so thankful for all of you who have been praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment