Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Adventure to Remember

This morning we were suppose to fly out of Basel airport at 1pm (actually Switzerland, but it's on the borer) to come back to Spain. When we arrived, we were informed that our flight had been cancelled due to shortage of staff. They couldn't rebook us until Monday (this is a cheaper airline that's been having some problems, and it's holy week so traveling is nuts). That wouldn't work for any of us, so we started praying because we didn't know what we could do. After many phone conversations and talks with people at the airport and looking online, God gave us a way. We went to the train station and rode the train until the Frankfurt airport ( about 2 and a half hours and we had to change trains at one point). When we got to Frankfurt, we grabbed a bite to eat, and went to the terminal of LAN (formally Lan Chile) and got on a flight that's final destination was Santiago, Chile (this was about 8 at night now). We finally arrived in Madrid at 10:30 tonight, and it was 12:00 when I got home to Merry's. That's the somewhat short version, but God was so good on working out everything. All the other options were flights that cost over 400 euros. I mean I still had to pay, but definitely not that much. And everything went smoothly once we got out tickets. I praise God that I was with a group of people who knew what to do. Im pretty sure I would have had a meltdown if I was by myself! I leave for London tomorrow night ,but I am actually leaving for the airport in the afternoon to catch a ride there. IF you could just pray everything works out with flights, that would be great. But God proves He knows how to take care of His children, so thanks so much for praying.Im going to go get some sleep now :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safely back to Madrid! We will be praying for a wonderful time in London, and NO travel adventures! Love you!

    ReplyDelete