Tuesday, March 2, 2010


At the moment it is 5:18 in the afternoon but my body thinks it is 10:18 at night.... so I am a little tired to say the least (so if something doesn't make sense, sorry!!).
This was the first time I traveled by myself, and it wasn't too bad. On my first flight I was able to talk with this elderly man for the whole time (45 min.). He is a farmer, and we talked about many things, and I was able to share the Gospel with him and give him a track! Praise the Lord. And then on my left from MN to NY I sat by this man who use to be an opera singer in NY...he has traveled a lot so we had some good conversations as well. I didn't get to share the Gospel with him, but I did give him a tract that he might read...I pray he did. He was a great blessing as I had to hurry to my next flight because he asked everyone to please move aside because I needed to get through ( I didn't want to be rude but God put someone in my life to help me:)
But then the craziness set in. We were late getting in, and then I had to go and get my boarding pass from the desk and then wait for the shuttle...once in the shuttle we jerked to a halt in the middle of the trip. All of us on the shuttle weer a bit confused, and then 10 seconds later a plane went right by us....ha we were then all very thankful for this sudden stop. Then I ran to my gate ( I felt like the family on Home Alone) and the lady at the gate asked "Are you Hannah?" I said yes and got on the plane (I heard the lady say "ok you're last passenger is here now"). God was good and held the plane. And I had prayed for maybe a window sit by myself since this was an overnight flight, and guess what? God answered that prayer too.
I was picked up at the airport by a couple who works at the school. They took me to a city outside of Madrid called Camrama (or something like that). Once I arrived the headmaster of the school showed me around the school and gave me a tour. The lady I am staying with lives right around the corner from the school, so once her classes were done, she brought me to her appartment so I could get settled. And then I went with her to do some grocery shopping (which kind of reminds me of shopping in Ecuador). Now I am just trying to stay awake because I am really tired, but I know that it is better if I wait till a little later to sleep.
I am excited, although very tired and a little overwhelmed, but God made it clear He wants me here! So I will keep you up too date with what He's doing. Thanks for praying.


  1. Thanks for sharing all the details, sweetie. I texted Chad, Ellen, and Liz last night when you were sprinting through JFK to make your connection. I love the word picture of being jerked to a stop on the shuttle. I imagine the temptation to grumble and complain UNTIL the giant, squash-you-like-a-bug plane buzzes by. Then its "hooray for being jerked to a stop!" Perspective is an amazing thing :) We praise God for your safe arrival, and look forward to reading your posts! Love you lots!

  2. oh hannah! thanks so much for the update. i can't wait to hear how teaching goes for you! love you chica:)

  3. So glad you had such a great trip. Look forward to reading all your updates. Praying for you!

  4. hannah, so glad you made it safely! I was thinking of you and praying for you...eager to hear about your adventures. :)

  5. Hannah,

    Thanks for setting up your blog. It will be enjoyable to track your experiences this way.

    We're thankful to the Lord for your safe arrival and for the witnessing opportunities you took.

    We're praying for you.

    Dr. Long

  6. I enjoyed reading of your travels. It is exciting to see how God is blessing you! We will continue praying for you!

    Dr. Stupka