Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday

Today was (well still is) Sunday, and it has been a wonderful day so far. I went to church with Merry, a church that is going through some pretty rough times. The pastor just resigned last month...it's sad, but God is doing a great work their still. They have two services because they have outgrown their building and Sunday school is in between. Merry and I went to the first service (that starts at 10), but I didn't actually go to the service. During the first service, there is a small group of young teens/adults that go to the metro station to hand out tracks while giving out free coffee. Merry decided that it would be a good idea for me to go ( a missionary was speaking, and she knew I had heard missionaries speak before). I was a little scared at first, but I am so glad Merry "suggested" it. I walked with a girl named Priscilla, and she befriended me instantly. She's actually from Brasil, but she's working here and loves it. I also met Amanda who is from Paraguy, and she is studying to be a flight attendent. Josea was also very kind (his wife is a flamingo dancer:), and Dante and Mariam are a couple that are studying at the Bible institute. So I met them today, and probably talked to them more than I tried to evangelize. But I did witness to one guy, he was a German on holiday He knew a little English, so I sort of got to witness to him; I don't know how much he understood. His name is Valentine, so if you think of it, say a prayer for him. I had a great time with this group. And then we went to Sunday school, and I forgot how much concentration it takes to listen in Spanish!!(Especially when the speaker is talking about Romans). I might do something sometime with the girls I met today; I kind of hope I do. But I have to admit it was almost odd for me today to be in a Spanish speaking church and not be in Ecuador. I kept expecting my friends from Cuenca to come out of the next room, but sadly they didn't. It's weird. I am usually in the US and miss Cuenca, or I am in Cuenca and miss the US, but today I miss both. At the same time, I loved being in church. I was thinking about visiting different churches, but now I don't know. It would be good to stay at the same place too, espcially if I can be involved in evangelism.....I guess Ill just pray about it for now. And then Merry took me to a really good chinese resturant (way better than anywhere I've been). The afternoon has been good, and I was able to watch my dad online as he preached!! That was a huge blessing too!!! So that was my Sunday, and I am very thankful for it. I am also thankful for your prayers. Hasta luego....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of your posts Hannah. It is so good to hear how God is working in and through you there in Spain. Praying for you and those whose lives you have both already impacted and will be impacting in the future. Love you!
    Carrie J.

    "As for God, His way is perfect. The Word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him." Psalm 18:30

    ReplyDelete