Saturday, March 6, 2010

Downtown Madrid

So today, even though it was rainy and probably in the 40s, I went to downtown Madrid with a few of the other teachers (Stephanie and Ruth). It was a wonderful time. We had to drive about a half an hour and then parked right by an entrance to the Metro (subway). The school I am at use to be right where we parked, but because of size issues the school moved to Camarma. So on the Metro we went. On the way there and back there were musicians that came in and out (technically illegal but they did it anyways). And then we just started walking around. It wasn't the best day for it, but it was still fun to be downtown. We did some shopping, and then we went to this bakery that has been around since the 1800s. I had the best pastry I have ever had in my whole life!!! And I really like Spanish coffee; it's very strong, but it's great. Actually, Starbucks is in Madrid but it hasn't been going so well here. The Spainiards like there coffee. So we just spent the afternoon shopping and walking. It was great to get to know Stephanie and Ruth better and how God has brought them here. Stephanie is a single teacher in the el. ed who is here long term, and Ruth is middle school/ high school and is going back to the states after this year because she was only here for 2 years. I will try to put some pictures on facebook so you can see what it was like. Thanks for your prayers!! I am excited for tomorrow too because I am going to church with Merry; I will probably visit other churches during my time here just to get an idea of what it's like. For now that's all. Thanks again for all your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment